Thursday, February 24, 2011

Global"warming"?!?!?!? Not here...



If you live in the Pacific Northwest, you can open the windows of your home and hear the screams and crys "AAAAHHHHHHH IT SNOWED!!!!!" Seriously, it's that bad!

We've had snow here and there for about 3 days now and some people are losing it. Not me, I lost it years ago! It all started Monday night... a few inches, then melted. Then some more fell Tuesday, but it depended on you location and elevation and then some melted. Wednesday afternoon,evening and over night it really came down and then we woke up Thursday to a wide spread "yeah, we have snow - how much did you get?" and it stuck. Here at the farm, we received over 7 inches accumulative over the last two days (about 3-4 Tuesday and then 4 or so inches Wednesday night). Don't believe me? Here's the yard stick in my front yard.



So, yeah. We don't see much snow in Washington and when we do, people tend to either freak out or become over confident with their driving skills. You hear alot of "I can drive in snow, I'm from (fill in mid west location)". I gotta say, I get a chuckle every time someone finds out that we do not have a 4wd rig and then brags how they have 4 wheel drive and "can get anywhere"! That's funny! So why is it when ever I do go out and about in the snow (like walking to the mail box at the bottom our of hill) that the only cars I see in the ditch, the cars on the news that were towed out of a ditch or in a wreck are, you guessed it, 4WD and some WITH CHAINS!

First, let me say, Washington snow is not like Midwest snow. Here, snow is similar to peanut butter and we have HILLS! We also have the constant melt, freeze, snow, melt, freeze than snow that makes layers over the road ways that look all powdery on top, but is slicker than snot on the bottom. So then, yeah, we don't have 4wd, but our cars are in one piece and my car insurance is low. The hubby didn't make it all the way home Tuesday night (he parked at the top of my dad's driveway), but here's the KIA on Thursday morning. These are mainly for the hubby to show to his co-workers so they can see why he is working from home this week. LOL

This one I think is funny, you can see the little antenna poking out over the roof.


The animals have done great with the snow. Carla loves it. The girls can't throw her enough snowballs to catch! I worry about her paws as she refuses to come in sometimes and I have to brag her to come in with a piece of lunch meat or other tasty morsel.


They goats and chickens are getting better about the snow. They ended up bunking up together last night for added warmth. The chickens aren't really as dumb as the act, well, at least some of the time anyways. You can see how much snow we received over Wednesday night as the coop and goat shed were bare when we went to bed.


Well, it's now time for me to give the internet access back to the hubby (he does pay the bills after all). I will leave you with some more pictures around the farm. Stay warm folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment