Tuesday, February 22, 2011

And here we thought Winter was at a close...


We were getting so excited. February is almost over and with March, brings the start of spring - or so we thought! For the sake of protecting my kiddos from the public eyes of this blog, I will call my girls "Little" and "Preteen". Little was so thrilled to listen to the news the last couple of nights as she desperately hopes it will snow so Grandpa can stay home from work. She reminds me of those old commercials for that store where the women would paste her face on the store door and say "open, open, open...". Then there's Preteen, she could careless except that its ruining her plans (yeah, the nickname preteen fits her quite well - lol). She has horse riding tomorrow and has made it VERY CLEAR this morning that she will be mad if we can't get out tomorrow. Me? I could care less at this point other than the fact that there might be the chance of the hubby having to stay at his friends house who lives next to their work down on the eastside of Seattle. The thought of sleeping alone makes me a little sad, but the dog, Carla, is THRILLED at the idea of sleeping with Mommy. It's her lifes dream is to sleep with Mommy, it really is! :-)

Last night, when the snow started, I peeked out to check on the animals and saw the most dumbfounded sight.... chickens really are this dumb!


Luckily, they got smart and took shelter in the dog house. Why these three girls do not go in the coop beats me. I even put them in by hand and they still came out. Their Knight-in-shinning Armour, the black rooster who the girls and Grandpa have so perfectly named "The Black Knight" took pitty on them and slept with them last night. Such a sweet rooster he is.


You can tell its a cold snow as this morning you could not see a single paw nor hoof print in the snow.


I love this picture, Belle popped her head out as if to say "Mom, what the heck?!?!?" at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment